How to reach us
Within the gulf of Salerno the marina is positioned at the following coordinates. 40°38.740’N 14°48.645’E Access is very simple and there are no complications in entrance.
A1 Napoli – Salerno: after passing the Salerno town centre exit, take the ring road (tangenziale) and take Mariconda exit
A30 Caserta – Salerno: take the Salerno/Fratte exit and take the ring road (tangenziale) southbound, then take Mariconda exit
A3 Salerno – Reggio Calabria: take the Pontecagnano exit and follow the directions to Fratte/Tangenziale, take exits Zona Industriale or Mariconda
The Frecciarossa and Italo trains cover the High Speed line between Torino, Milano and Salerno, with fast connections, high frequency and on-time schedules which are easy to remember.
For further information www.trenitalia.com and www.italotreno.com.
Salerno is served by two airports:
– Napoli Capodichino, distant slightly under 50 km and well-connected by the motorway net;
– Salerno airport, Salerno Amalfi Coast distant 12 Km and currently used for private stopovers. For further information www.aeroportosalerno.it.
Salerno is connected with the main localities in Campania, and in particular with Naples and its airport, with a frequent and comfortable service offered by SITA Sud www.sitasudtrasporti.it .
Different bus lines connect Salerno with the main Italian cities www.ibus.it .
CSTP regulates the urban service of the city of Salerno. Buses n. 5, 24, 42 and 31 (the latter working only during the summer) connect the town centre with Marina d’Arechi. The timetable is available at www.cstp.it.
Where to stay
Via Generale Clarck, 49, 84131 Salerno SA
+ 39 089 995 7111 / http://www.novotel.com/it/home/index.shtml
Via Salvatore Allende 84131, Salerno SA
+39 089 3066111 / http://www.mediterraneahotel.it/
Via Lungomare Colombo, 132 84129, Salerno
+39 089 711196 / http://www.hotelpolonautico.it
Via Lungomare Tafuri, 1, 84127 Salerno
+ 39 089 704 1111 / http://www.grandhotelsalerno.it
Via Torrione, 16, 84127 Salerno
+ 39 089 226629 / http://www.minihotelincity.com/index.html
Via Vespucci, 19, 84090 Pontecagnano Faiano SA
+ 39 089 381314 / http://www.hotelcarosello.com
Corso Europa, 2, 84098 Pontecagnano Faiano SA
+ 39 089 848072 / http://www.hoteleuropasalerno.com
Where to eat
Marina d’Arechi Port Village (inside port complex)
Via Lungomare Colombo, 129 84129, Salerno
+39 089 758950
Dating back to the 6th century A.D. and reinforced by the Lombard Prince Arechi II, the Castle dominates the city of Salerno and its Gulf. In addition to the monumental complex, there is also the Bastille Tower situated to the north of the castle.
This theatre was built in 1863 based on the proportions of the San Carlo Theatre in Naples and it was decorated in 1869, the Theatre of Salerno was named after Giuseppe Verdi in 1901. The curtain celebrates the history of the city by depicting the expulsion of the Saracens.
Dating back to the middle of the 14th century, the church was built close to the destroyed western entrance to the historical city centre of Salerno. During its reconstruction, following damage suffered in the 1943 war and the 1954 floods, early medieval remains have been discovered.
This corner of paradise stretches along the axes of the vegetable gardens which go from the villa comunale (local park) to the Arechi castle. It was also the laboratory of the Salernitana School of Medicine.
The San Pietro a Corte monumental complex represents one of the examples of Lombard architecture present in Europe is among the main examples of medieval Salerno.
The current appearance of Salerno Cathedral, built by Robert Guiscard in the 11th century, mainly represents a Barocco renovation, carried out following the 1688 earthquake.
Here, one can find a collection of archaeological artefacts coming both from the province and from the city of Salerno and which date back to several historical periods: Pre-Roman, Roman and Medieval eras. Of remarkable importance is the tomb discovered in Roscigno dating back to between the end of the 5th and the 6th century B.C.
Built in the 9th century, the aqueduct is made of two branches, using the pointed arch for the first time. It was re-named ‘The Devil’s Bridge’ by the local population, and this location gave rise to several legends and superstitions associated with its shape and function.
Forte la Carnale, situated near to the mouth of the river Irno, is part of a defence system consisting of towers. It was built in 1563 in order to defend the city from Saracen invasions.
This is an important Pre-Roman location, with remains dating back to the 6th century B.C. where the Etruscan, Greeks and native populations lived together. In the discovered structure, a religious and civil centre can be seen at the top of the settlement.